Sunday 14 October 2007

Hari Raya Hari Yg Mulia.

hi punkettes...
im back after 2 days of Hari Raya celebrations. Im so damn freaking tired, walking in high heels (very high heels) all day long visiting relatives is hard work. Haha!

On the night of Hari Raya, i was in tears after hearing the takbir, it really touched my heart.
So i quickly do my RJ, and then help mum n bro to do last minute preparations.
I didn't sleep the whole night, I dunno why, probably I'm too excited about Hari Raya.

So Hari Raya day, early in the morning, I help mum to put all the kuih into the kuih bottle. And place it nicely on the front table with flowers and decorations. After bro n dad came back from Hari Raya prayers, we ate as a family. Then after that, I got dressed into my Kebaya.

My kebaya is quite special because it was mum's wedding Kebaya on her wedding day. Yup, mum was 22 years old back then. And now, I'm wearing it. Hehe. Wow, mum was as slim as me back then. Hehe. I tot of wearing red on that day but I gotta match with mum cuz she wore white and orange.

Next, ask forgiveness with each other among our family. Then, off to grandma's house.
My family and my grandma. (dad's mum)
I'm thrilled cuz my aunt from Kedah came to celebrate Hari Raya with us. Yippee!

So, these are my cuzins well the lady in black is my cuzin's gf. She's celebrating wif us.

My Relatives!! Well not all of them were there, my mak long was not present at that moment. Hehe. But the house is still so lively wif or wifout them.
Then, my family went off to Johor to my grandma's house. Thank god, no traffic jams!! Hurrah!! Traffic was a breeze. We arrive there arnd noon.
My aunts n uncle couldn't recognize me with my new fringe. I've always make a drastic change to my appearance to them. Oh well, thanks for the compliment! Haha.

So this is me with some of my cuzins and of course my grandma. (mum's mum). So this is my chinese grandmother everyone!! Haha!
I purposely didn't eat at my grandma's house in S'pore cuz I want to save it for the food in my grandma's house in johor. I love her rendang, my aunt's sambal goreng and ayam masak merah. Furthermore, my aunt cook Nasi Bryani. Wow!!

At night is what I've been waiting for. Firecrackers!! I had a lot of fun playing with explosives. Haha! We challenged with the kids next door on whose 'Rocket' shoots the furthest.
Sunday, I slept late at about 1am then I woke up arnd 7.30am. Cuz it was noisy coming from the kitchen. Then about 10am, we're off to S'pore back.
Safely arrive at 11, rest for a while then off to more visiting!! 6 cars convoy is so so cool. Haha!

My relatives(mostly dad's side) at my house. So the 'kecoh'. It's full house, I tell ya. Damn full!!

Look of what my aunt gave me for Hari Raya money. The new $20 note! I like it. I never could imagine that I own such note! It's new for god sake. And it's rarely use nowadays. This is the front view.
Here's the back view. It has the landmark of SG and Brunei.
So, that's basically my celebration of Hari Raya.
I'm going to be back to sch tmr. Haiz. But nvm.
I'll post more pictures when I have more okie?
toodles...cheerio
Kayla Anika

No comments:

Post a Comment